City Mayor Constantino G. Jaraula (far left) leads city officials in laying down the time capsule, highlighting the groundbreaking rites of the McArthur Marker at the old pier in Barangay Macabalan, Cagayan de Oro City, Feb. 1. Assisting the mayor are 2nd District Rep. Rufus Rodriguez, City Councilors Dante Pajo, Roger Abaday, and Alfonso Goking, Macabalan Chairperson Gertrudes Beja, and Historical Commission member Nanette Roa. Once completed, the marker would serve as a reminder that Gen. Douglas McArthur once passed by Cagayan de Oro enroute to Australia from Corregidor when Japanese imperial forces invaded the Philippines during the Second World War. (Cagayan de Oro City Information Office/PIA-MisOrOccCam i-Net)
- Remembering our dearly departed love ones on All Souls Day 2021
- Globe Media Excellence Awards 2020 honor exemplary works of media and bloggers amid the pandemic
- Honoring Kagay-anon Patriots of WW2
- The Story of How Jose Rizal Died
- World War 2 Field Ration by U.S. Army that our grandparents may have tasted.